Some of our chapter's most recent accomplishments include:
- Hosted a cupcake social at the Perry Point VA Medical Center in February 2018 and presented over 50 gift pouches to veteran inpatients in May 2019.
- Staffed an information table at the Bel Air Genealogical Conference in 2019, sharing the opportunity with the Harbor of Grace Chapter NSDAR and collected names of 13 ladies interested in joining DAR.
- Presented over $1500 in scholarships to high school seniors for "DAR Good Citizenship Awards" in 2018 and 2019.
- Created a fundraising committee and kicked off the effort with a cookie sale to benefit C.A.R. in December 2018.
- Promoted literacy by reading to elementary school students.
- Handed out United States flags on Flag Day, June 14, 2019.
- Obtained a Maryland State Society DAR grant to plant a pollinator garden at the Hays House in Bel Air.
- Participated in the Bel Air July 4th Parade in 2019 and won first place in the floats division!
The Governor William Paca Chapter NSDAR is proud to celebrate Americanism by engaging in a number of activities in our community and our state. We would love to talk with you about becoming a member of the National Society. The second edition of Forgotten Patriots – African American and American Indian Patriots of the Revolutionary War: A Guide to Service, Sources, and Studies, published in May 2008 by the DAR identifies over 6,600 names of African Americans and American Indians who contributed to American Independence.
These photos were taken during recent events.